Cash App has grown into a popular digital wallet since its launch in 2013. Its security and ease of transaction has made it a top choice for millions of people who want to send and receive money. How to make money on Cash App? Aside from facilitating transactions, Cash App also allows a variety of ways for users to earn free money. There are many ways to make money with the app, and here we will go through the proven methods.
How Does Cash App Work?
Cash App was developed by Square as a mobile payment service, and allows users to link their bank accounts and debit/credit cards, which they can use to easily transfer and receive money from another using the mobile app.
Key Features of Cash App:
- Issuance of customizable Visa debit cards for making payments and for ATM withdrawals.
- Issuance of a unique $cashtag handle for requesting and receiving payments from other Cash App users.
- Ability to buy, sell, and withdraw Bitcoin within the app.
- Ability to make donations to charity organisations via the app
- Earning “Cash Boosts” –instant discounts and cashbacks at designated restaurants and merchants.
The popularity of Cash App grew due to the many things you can do within the app asides from sending and receiving money. This has made it the choice of millions of users who turn to the app for their everyday transactions.
How To Make Money On Cash App: Here Are 12 Ways
Thankfully, among the many things you can do with Cash App is earn money. The app is suitable for making money through numerous ways, here are 12;
Selling Products or Services
The easiest way to make money on Cash App is to sell products or services online and use Cash App to receive money.
- You can use your $cashtag as an exclusive payment address on customer orders and invoices.
- Platforms like eBay, Craigslist, and OfferUp allow you to receive payment through Cash App. You can instruct customers to pay you with Cash App.
- You can request payment for your gigs to be made through Cash App if you’re a freelancer.
- As a fitness trainer, you can request that payments for online or in-person sessions be made via Cash App.
The catch is that Cash App offers instant transfers and negligible fees on payments, making it ideal for receiving money if you sell a product or a service online. All you need to do is to advertise your $cashtag as your preferred payment method on the platform you sell on.
Taking Part In Cash App Promotions
Cash App usually runs promotions to allow users earn money by participating in sponsored campaigns. Some of the campaigns include:
- Complete personality quiz giveaways and earn instant payouts
- You can earn cash by following and retweeting the Cash App account.
- Win free money by participating in spin-the-wheel competitions.
- Take part in Friday community giveaways and get rewarded for sharing and liking posts.
- Use your referral code and invite friends to Cash App, and get rewarded after they sign up and carry out a transaction.
- Collect limited-time discounts at certain merchants on the app.
The best way to find out about the latest promotions on Cash App is to follow them on X (formerly Twitter) for the latest campaigns and promotions that can earn you free money.
Referring New Users To The Cash App Debit Card
Cash App offers users free customizable debit cards, but there’s more you can do with the card. Each user has a unique invite code, and you earn referral bonuses when you use the code to invite friends to try out the Cash App customizable debit cards. Referral earnings is a way to get free money on Cash App instantly.
Here’s how it works:
- On your Cash App, locate “Share Your $Cashtag” when you tap your profile icon.
- Get your referral link and share it via email, social media, or text.
You earn cash bonuses for each person that signs up with your link and activates their Cash Card. Bonus is usually between $5-15.
The more people sign up, activate and use their card using your link, the more referral cash you earn.
Using Cash Card Boost To Earn Cash Back On Purchases
The Cash Card Boost is a feature that you enable on your debit card to get instant cash back rewards when you spend on certain merchants.
Here are some popular Cash Card Boosts:
- 20% off on groceries.
- 15% off on DoorDash orders
- $1 off on purchase at any coffee shop.
- 10% in cashback at Whole Foods
- 10% off on Chipotle
- $5 off for spending at Trader Joe’s
Visit the Savings tab in your Cash App to browse a collection of Cash Boosts, then enable them before you go shopping or ordering from those businesses. The discounts will apply automatically once you make a purchase and the cashback will get deposited right into your Cash App balance.
Thinking of how to get free money on Cash App without doing anything? Earning cashbacks on your everyday purchase is one of such ways.
Invest Through The App And Make Money
Cash App is not just for buying, selling, transferring and receiving money. You can also use the app to make investments. Cash App allows you to buy and sell ETFs and stocks, so you can earn investment returns. No commissions are charged for buying and selling investments on Cash App.
You make money from stocks that regularly pay dividends by buying shares. You can also follow the buy-low, sell-high principle and make quick profits by buying certain stocks when they’re low and selling when they’re high.
Accept Donations And Charge For Premium Content
Creators and influencers can charge their audience for premium content and leverage Cash App for getting paid.
- Content writers can offer a little content for free and then charge fees for more in-depth articles.
- Musicians can post short song clips on social media and require payment before anyone can download the full song.
- A photographer can share watermarked versions of their works on photo sharing platforms and require payment before anybody can download the originals.
- Podcasters can offer free audio content and then charge a fee for premium content.
- No matter the kind of content you create, you can also ask users for tips, and provide Cash App as a payment option.
Creators deserve to make money off their content. Whether by selling premium content or asking for donations, they should not be afraid to ask their audience for contributions, or for them to pay a premium.
Only make it optional, and use Cash App to receive these payments. Since Cash App’s fees are negligible, you tend to earn more since not much is lost via payment processing.
Use Crowdfunding To Get Free Money On Cash App
The unique $cashtag feature makes Cash App ideal for running crowdfunding campaigns and collecting money from a group of people.
There are many reasons why you may want to launch a crowdfunding campaign:
- Events, for when you need to fund an event that is special to you. It could be a community event, a concert, or a trip.
- Creative projects, for when you need to launch a creative work, like a new magazine, a website, a new album, or you want to film a short film.
- Charitable causes, for when you want to raise funds for charity organisations.
- Business Goals, for when you want to execute a business idea or expand an already existing one.
- Financial needs, for when you need to cover emergency personal expenses like medical bills or tuition fees.
Become An Affiliate Marketer And Earn Cash
If you’re an affiliate marketer, you can use Cash App to accept payment from affiliate programs.
Affiliate marketers find a product they’d like to promote, get affiliate links, and then use their websites, YouTube, or their social media accounts to promote the affiliate link. Purchases made using the affiliate link earn you a commission, which you can set to be automatically paid into your linked Cash App account.
Rakuten, ShareASale, CJ Affiliates, and Impact are examples of affiliate platforms. They match companies with affiliate marketers who promote their products or services. Cash App neatly facilitates the payment part of affiliate marketing, allowing marketers to focus on promotion, and helping them earn substantial passive income.
Make Money By Using Cash App As A Payment Gateway
Cash App can be integrated as payment gateways on websites. This lets entrepreneurs and small businesses to conveniently accept payment from customers through Cash App.
Due to Cash App’s popularity, adding it as a payment gateway on your website will make it easy for mobile-savvy customers to buy from you. Payments drop in your Cash App balance after payment is made, for easy tracking and withdrawal.
Use Cash App To Receive Money From Survey And Task Websites
Many websites will pay you to complete surveys or small tasks online. Swagbucks, Survey Junkie and InboxDollar are a few examples. Common tasks you can complete on these websites include:
- Participating in surveys about politics, products, and media.
- Freelance gigs like writing, editing and transcriptioning.
- Getting in on free product trials
- Testing apps, services, concepts, or product features that are still in development.
- Testing websites and providing feedback.
These websites pay when you complete any of the many tasks, and rather than have your money sent to PayPal, you can have them sent to your Cash App balance directly
Let Your Deposited Funds Earn Money For You
Cash App has what is called the Cash App Borrow, which is an interest-generating savings account. This feature allows you to earn interest on your deposits. And the interests are typically higher than what you have with traditional savings accounts.
Your Cash App Borrow balance is different from your normal Cash App balance. Transfer money from your Cash App balance to your Cash App Borrow balance to make your deposits eligible to earn interests. The more money you have there, the more money you earn as interest over time.
Make Money Buying And Selling Bitcoin
Trading Bitcoin provides potential opportunities to make profit, and you can do that on Cash App. Making money through Bitcoin is by leveraging the cryptocurrency’s price fluctuation. You can buy, sell, and withdraw Bitcoin on Cash App.
The most trusted way to make money from Bitcoin is to buy it when the price dips and sell when the price rises. You don’t have to make big trades, as frequent small trades can result in accumulated gains over short-term price oscillations.
Whether you sell products online, a regular Cash App user, or you’re savvy with investing, there are many ways you can make money using Cash App. This post highlighted 12 and you just have to pick any, follow the instructions, and the start earning cool money on Cash App.
Let’s also dive into two more questions people ask about Cash App:
Can You Receive Money On Cash App Without A Bank Account?
You don’t need a bank account to sign up on Cash App, and there are other ways to send and receive money on Cash App even if you don’t have or want to link your bank account.
Using the routing number, you can deposit paychecks, tax returns and others to your Cash App balance. Cash App also has participating retailers, and you can use them to deposit paper cash into your Cash App balance.
Where Can I Withdraw Money On Cash App
Follow these steps to withdraw money from Cash App:
- Open the Cash App on your smartphone. Ensure you have a stable internet connection.
- From the home screen tap Banking tab.
- Tap the “Cash Out” button.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw from your Cash App balance.
- Select a withdrawal method and choose whether you want to withdraw your funds to your bank account or to your Cash App card.
- Pick a deposit speed (Note: a fee may apply depending on your chosen deposit speed).
- Follow the prompts to authorise and complete the withdrawal.
You can withdraw from Cash App through either of these methods:
Make sure you have linked your bank account. To link your bank account, call +(415)529-3320. After linking your bank account, follow the steps above to withdraw to your bank account.
Cash App Card Transfers
After transferring money to your Cash App Card, you can withdraw through ATMs or use the card to make purchases.
Cash App is a great way to receive money; you might want to checkout our article on jobs that pay weekly.